Super staff » 02/08/2018
A report on EE/ Incubation workshops, Tanzania, 2018.
Consortium members, Jason Evans and Dr. Anna Rebmann were invited by the University of Dar Es Salaam, in collaboration with Royal Academy of Engineering in the UK to deliver a series of workshops around incubation and EE in HEIs in East Africa.
The workshops took place between 2nd and 3rd of August, 2018, under the project title: “Enriching Engineering Education Programmes in Sub-Saharan Africa Under the Higher Education Partnership in Sub-Saharan Africa”.
The workshops covered a range of topics aligned to the SUPER project and based on SUPER materials, including;
• Putting EE in HEIs into the wider incubation context
• A discussion around EE in HEIs and approaches to it
• Introduction to incubation – what is it and what does it aim to do?
• Constructing incubator mission and goals
• Promoting and sustaining the incubator (resources, finance, networking, ecosystem).
• Operationalising and practicalities of managing an incubator
• Services to support incubates
The workshop made good use of the teaching, fiches and other materials developed as a result of the project. In addition, attendees were directed to the SUPER project website for further materials and access to other available resources, such as the Wizard, case studies, and so on.
The response to the workshops was very good, with respondents indicating that they had fond the workshop and materials to be useful and enlightening, evidencing the wider appeal of the project outcomes.